It is easy to get confused in various e file bits. So that the choice of e file bits does not cause a headache – we have prepared this material!
There are many types of e file bits, and each of them is designed for a specific stage of the hardware manicure. Because all e file bits have a specific relief, one nozzle cannot be replaced with another without losing the quality of work. So, you need to properly study the existing varieties of e file bits, their characteristics and their differences from each other.
This includes removing the coating (top, gel, gel polish, acrylic for building) and drying the work surface. For this, e file bits made of carbide or ceramic materials are used:
● Cylindrical diamond cutter. A budget option is included in all starter kits. Plus – layer-by-layer gently removes material, minus – the speed is lower than that of ceramic counterparts.
● Truncated cone diamond cutter with a helical crosscut. Advantage – gently cuts the material; disadvantage – the notches are regularly clogged with crumbs. The cuticle and lateral ridges can also be processed with the trimmed surface of the cutter.
● Solid carbide taper cutter with cross-shaped or straight-transverse furrows. Advantage – quickly removes artificial material and easily cuts the free edge’s length. Disadvantage – it is not recommended for beginners due to too hard work; at high speeds, it transmits vibration to the nail; therefore, it requires handling experience.
Ceramic e file bits with various cut sizes. Plus – soft and fast work with the coating, cons – high price, heating at low speeds.
The choice of e file bits for manicure by type of material
Besides shape, e file bits are classified according to the material from which they are made. So, there are:
● Ceramic attachments – faster than others to remove artificial turf, suitable for working with rough skin. It would be best to work with such cutters at low speeds – up to 30 thousand revolutions.
● Solid carbide e file bits – cutting off gel polish takes a long time but minimal damage. Ideal for polishing cuticles and lateral ridges.
● Natural or artificial diamond-coated bits are an inexpensive option for beginners. E file bits with natural particles are suitable for pedicure, processing rollers, and artificial ones for cutting off the coating.
● Suede felt, silicone cutters – used for grinding and polishing nails, that is, at the final stage.
What should I put in the basket?
For beginners, we recommend purchasing the following set of e file bits: a cylinder-drum (can simultaneously replace a ball-shaped nozzle, as well as a “truncated cone”), a needle nozzle, a “pointed cone” (the most convenient option for processing rollers), a corundum e file bits of low abrasiveness (a universal nozzle for grinding) and a ceramic cone cutter with fine notches (for cutting off the coating). And of course, buy a standard flame 01 8-025 diameter – this cutter has already won the love of nail artists.
Professionals should have in their arsenal a spherical diamond cutter (a convenient option for processing rough, dry cuticles and polishing the periungual space, but only with proper skill) and a ceramic “cone” with large notches (suitable only for powerful professional devices).