Manicure with drawings is one of the trendiest designs of the season. Nail sliders will help you stay in trend and shine this summer. Let’s figure it out now! What are their advantages, what types are there and how to apply them correctly?
Sliders are a real lifesaver for anyone who dreams of creative designs with lettering, patterns and drawings but lacks artistic talent. Even experienced artisans use them because such stickers have several advantages:
- Longevity like gel polish;
- A simple application technique that a beginner will understand;
- Safety of the nail plate;
- Huge selection of drawings by seasons, themes, colors, etc.
- With sliders, creative design is possible even on very short nails;
- The rendering of images is clear and rich, as if the design was done with a brush;
- Suitable for both natural and artificial nails;
- Nice price.
How are slider designs different from regular stickers? Firstly, they do not have the usual sticky base – before applying to the nail, you need to soak the glue inside the slider with water.
Secondly, sliders are thinner than traditional stickers, so they fit more closely to the nail, follow its bends and do not create folds.
Types of nail sliders
In terms of volume, slider designs are of two types:
- Convex 3D sliders – usually they are stickers with separate patterns that are applied only to a part of the nail;
- Traditional flat sliders.
Slider designs that do not have 3 D volume are divided into several types:
- Dense over the entire nail plate , they can be applied to the base of any shade;
- Sliders with separate patterns that are applied as design elements to a part of the nail;
- The image on a transparent base, covering the entire nail – this can be lace, patterns with fine lines, etc.
- Slider designs with a metallic effect, similar to rubbing;
- Foil sliders ;
- By type of pattern: flowers , ornaments, patterns, inscriptions , cartoon characters , etc.
How to apply slider designs
- Manicure and cover your nails with a base . Apply a coat of colored finish if desired.
- Separate the image from the base, if necessary, cut along the contour.
- Dip the slider in water or place it on a damp cotton pad to activate the glue.
- Carefully remove the tape and place the slider on the nail. For convenience, you can use tweezers for this.
- Align the slider on the surface of the nail, smoothly remove all bubbles and folds.
- If there are surpluses near the free edge of the nail, cut them off with nail scissors and seal the end with the rest of the film or buff.
- When the slider dries up a little and cannot move out, cover the nail with a top and dry it in a lamp.